Friday, August 04, 2017

Sailing, Åland & Söderarm, July 29th-Aug 3rd

Time for the final longer trip I had planned for the holiday, again sailing single-handed. Saturday night I took the quick hop up to Brännäset where I lay over. Early Sunday morning, I turned East towards Eckerö, Åland. After a few hours I saw land again, and via Hellmanssundet I arrived at the beautiful harbor of Käringsund. I stayed there for two nights, doing some work on the boat, cycling with my Brompton and stocking up on fresh food. Tuesday morning I cast off heading south-west, straight against some bumpy waves, and spent a night at Villösan close to Arholma. On Wednesday I explored the gorgeous Söderarm archipelago with winds increasing in the afternoon.  Having spent the night in Österhamn, Lidö, I took a loop around Vätö on Thursday before heading north up through the Väddö channel and back to Herräng.

No comments: